COLD WEATHER APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONSHOW TO STICK A HYDRO HOLDER WHEN ITS BELOW 20°C / 68°F
The ideal application temperature for a Hydro Holder is (room temperature) 20°C / 68°F for 3 days, and 24 hours as a minimum before using,
If this is not possible do not worry, the below instructions explain how to apply a Hydro Holder in cold weather conditions and still achieve a full adhesive bond.
At 20°C / 68°F a 90% bond will be achieved after 24 hours and a full bond after 72 hours. At 65°C / 150°F a full bond will be achieved after only 1 hour.
- Make sure the surface is clean. Use the pre-application cleaning wipe provided.
- Make sure the surface is dry and all the moisture from the pre-application wipe is gone (the next step will help with this).
- Use a heat source to warm the area. We use a heat gun on a low setting, or a hair dryer would also work.
- When the area is warm and dry remove the backing tape from the Hydro Holder adhesive pad and stick down.
- Press down firmly on the top of the Hydro Holder for at least 10 seconds so all the adhesive pad makes contact with the surface.
- Use your heat source to keep the Hydro Holder adhesive pad at 65°C / 150°F for 1 hour.
We recommend not using the Hydro Holder until after 24 hours have passed.
See all the Frequently Asked Questions on the FAQ Page HERE.